Tonight's card will be entered in the CAS-ology challenge with the cue card: tropical. I have also decided to join the Mod Squad Challenge and Virginia View Challenge.
|Entering Challenge CAS-ologyCue card: Tropical|
|Entering Challenge Mod Squad Challenge: Flowers|
|Entering Challenge Virginia's View #13- Everything Embossed|
To me, nothing says tropical like a larger then life hibiscus. This flower shimmers with pinks, purples, whites, yellows, and greens from Perfect Pearls by Ranger. I hope you like it as much I liked making it.
|This card shimmers with Perfect Pearls painted |
inside the white embossed hibiscus.
|Stamped the flower again on the purple background|
and used dimensional adhesive for the color hibiscus.
Lots of dimension without the bulk.
|The sentiment 'Mahalo' is a Hawaiian |
word used when thanking someone.
So this is how I did it:
- stamped this jumbo hibiscus stamp on purple CS and heat embossed it white.
- Then colored the flower with Perfect Pearls and water. What fun!
- Then did a little fussy cutting around the hibiscus and set it aside.
- Stamped the same flower image on the same color paper but in black.
- Traced a die cut and cut out the scallop and mounted it on another shade of purple paper and outlined the scallop.
- Mounted it on white CS leaving the some of the white exposed.
- Stamped the sentiment, die cut it oval, then added pink pearls. Adhered it to the card.
This card really surprised me in the fact that I couldn't believe how it turned out. I was just expecting to fiddle around with Perfect Pearls but when all was said and done I came up with this shimmering gem of a card.
That is all for now I hope you enjoyed this post.. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.. I really enjoy what you have to say.
Aloha everyone! (meaning both hello and goodbye)
All the best,