Today I am showing you a card that reminds me Chatham Massachusetts. Why? Well I visited there a few years ago and FELL IN LOVE with the hydrangeas. The colors are spectacular and vivid like nothing I have ever seen before. To be honest they almost look too good to be real. Especially the ones in Chatham. Well here is my card tonight using the inspiration from Fusion Card Challenge: Floral Fusion.
Fusion Card Challenge: Floral Fusion
|Spotlighting technique. Vellum banner used|
not to interfere with the stamped image while
still showing a bit of contrast.
|Die Cut 'Celebrate' from Papertrey Ink|
is the perfect sentiment for Spring!
|Card Size: A2- 4.25" x 5.25"|
So here is how I did it.
- Cut my card base then white panel
- Stamped Jumbo Hydrangea by Stampendous on both the base and panel. Using the masking technique for layering.
- Colored the panel using Blendabilities by Stampin' Up! (no longer available).
- Used a tiny drop of Stickles for some sparkle in the middle of the flowers. Set aside to dry.
- Added a vellum banner element per the sketch. Chose vellum so not to interfere with the stamped image underneath; yet still adding the texture it needed.
- Die cut the word 'celebrate' spray mounted it and added it to the panel.
- Mounted the colored panel on purple CS and adhered to the card.
All the Best,