Friday, September 4, 2015

Bookworm

Greeting Everyone!

For today I am posting on behalf of the Brown Sugar Challenge Blog. It is time for a new challenge and this weeks challenge is quite different from the norm. Their theme this week is to use something recycled! It was a difficult task for me to upcycle; I had to quite literally pick through my craft trash can (good thing it is mostly paper!) and grab some things. Yes folks, I was craft trash picking!! Here is my card for today! Enjoy!!

I decided to enhance his eyes to look like this little guy has
bottle caps for glasses.
(Kind of like me when I was a child)
I die cut 'teacher' twice one in blue the
other the same green as the grass to make it stand out.
A close-up of my recycled items.
Which are ribbon, paper, and patterned paper.
I decided to add some dimension to the book
the worm is reading by adding extra pages.
Brown Sugar Challenge would also like to introduce our sponsor Robyn's Fetish. I really enjoyed their store, I found it to be very organized, excellent description of the item, and easy to checkout. Plus, their images are just too delightful.. If you haven't already been there check it out.

Robyn's Fetish is giving away
3 digi stamps of your choice to one lucky winner!
This is the image I decided to use for inspiration! With school right around the corner I just couldn't resist using this bookworm to make a card for my son's teacher.

book worm
Source
So you might already know but my recycled item would be the ribbon and the paper for the book and the paper for the die cuts. These all came from my craft trash! I am thinking it may be time to empty my trash..



So come on over and check out Brown Sugar Challenge Blog and see what the other DT members have created.. This is a very unique and inspiring challenge.. I promise you will never look at your trash the same way again!

I am also entering this card to

TIME OUT Challenge: Make Your Mark- challenge #49


Well that is all for me tonight! I hope everyone is having a great day and we will see you soon with some new news and a new design. Until then thank you and please feel free to leave a comment.. Take care!

All the best,
Shawna

6 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Love your cute little book worm, Shawna!!!! His eyes and the little bow are so sweet!!!! Such a lovely teacher's card!!!
Have a great day and enjoy the weekend!!!!

BożenA said...

This is one of those enchanted cards. So suddenly I was an old library, where the librarian worm is also a wizard. He knows what I need most, took one of his a look ... and he has for me right book and the appropriate an incantation that would change my life for the better!
Shawna, thank you for this card! It is simply amazing!
Hugs,
BożenA

Nora Noll said...

This is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE that librarian worm and the way you jazzed him up with the eyes and the fabulous bow-just PERFECT. And that book-WOW!!! This is a winner in my book!!

Monika Reeck said...

may I tell you
the image is cute and the coloring is adorable
the earth tone color is wonderful
I love embossed at top area and the dies sentiment at bottom area
super design Shawna
now it is 01:03 I better go sleep than I write wrong comment
will catch up again tomorrow German time
hugs, Monika your sweet friend always hehe

Shona Chambers said...

What an incredible card! So much detail and just love that little wormy. Your colouring skills are incredible and he looks so gorgeous with his googly eyes. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

Nonni said...

Oh those eyes are super funny. :) What a cool card! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

(PIN)spirational (76) 4 Crafty Chicks (1) A Day For Daisies (3) AAA Birthday (5) AAA Cards (49) ABC Christmas Challenge (1) Addicted to CAS (41) Addicted to Stamps (2) Addicted to Stamps and More (31) All Dressed Up Challenge (1) Allsorts Challenge (4) Alphabet Challenge (2) Always Playing with Paper (11) Animal Friends Challenge (3) As You See It (11) Brown Sugar Challenge (12) CanYouCaseIt Challenge (1) Cards in Envy (21) Cardz4Galz (2) Cardz4Guys (12) CAS Colours & Sketches (26) CAS Mix Up (1) CAS on Fridays (7) CAS on Sunday (5) CAS Stencil Challenge (1) CAS Watercolour Card Challenge (12) CAS-ology (54) CAS-ual Fridays (4) CAS(E) this Sketch (90) CASEing Christmas (1) casology (1) Challenge Up Your Life (6) Christmas Card Challenge Blog (2) Christmas Card Throwdown (1) City Crafter Challenge Blog (37) Color Hues (8) Color INKspiration (2) Color My Heart Color Dare (41) Colour Q (26) Come and Get It Challenge (3) Craft Stamper Challenge (2) Crafty Cardmakers (2) Crafty Creations (1) Crafty Gals Corner (10) Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (1) Create with Connie and Mary (8) Creative Inspirations (2) Creative Knockouts (5) Creative with Stamps (46) Cupcake Inspirations (28) Curtain Call (18) Daisy Chain Challenges (2) Daring Cardmakers (2) Day of the Month Card Club (4) Design Team (294) Double D Challenges (42) DRS Designs (4) Fab Friday (5) Fab n' Funky (2) Fantasy Stampers (1) Festive Friday (2) Freshly Made Sketches (125) Friday MashUp! (3) Fusion (33) Gina K. Designs (1) Global Design Project (2) Guest Designer (42) Hand Stamped Sentiments (18) Happy Little Stamper- Anything Goes with Dies (1) Happy Little Stamper- CAS (3) Happy Little Stamper- Christmas (4) Happy Little Stamper- Mixed Media (1) Happy Little Stamper- Sketch (1) HLS Christmas Challenge (1) Holly Jolly Christmas (1) House of Cards (49) If You Give a Crafter a Cookie (6) IN(K)SPIRE_me (5) Inkspirational (50) Inspire.Create.Challenge (1) Inspired by All The Little Things (10) Inspired By... (11) Jingle Bells (1) Joy of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge (1) Just Add Ink (14) Just Us Girls (58) Less is More (23) Let's Squash It! (1) Little Tangles Challenge (4) Make It Monday (2) Make My Monday (61) MarkerPOP! (1) Match this Sketch (1) Merry Monday Challenge Blog (2) MHK Designs (114) Miscellaneous (3) Mix It Up (1) Mod Squad Challenge (12) MoJo Monday (1) My Time to Craft! (6) Naughty or Nice Challenge (3) NBUS (7) One Layer Christmas Card Challenge (2) Paper Craft Crew Challenges (7) Paper Pals Arts (2) Papercraft Challenge (4) Pattie's Creations Design (3) Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges (1) PolkaDoodles Challenge (1) Rainbow Card Challenge (6) Retro Rubber Challenge (21) Retro Sketches (4) Rubber Dance Blog (1) Runway Inspired Challenge (2) Seize the Birthday (9) Sentimental Sundays (1) SheepSki Designs (1) shopping (1) Shopping Our Stash (15) Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (5) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (6) Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday Challenge (1) Sister Act (1) Sketch Saturday (13) Society of Stampholics (3) Sparkle and Shine (3) SSS Wednesday (10) Stampin' Royalty (2) Stamping Sensations (7) StampInkPaper (5) STAMPlorations-Theme & Sketch (3) StampPeddler (26) Sunday Stamps (48) Sweet Stampin (4) Technique Tuesday (1) TGIF Challenges (3) The Card Concept (36) The Challenge (4) The Color Throwdown (119) The Crafty Addicts (1) The Flower Challenge (15) The House That Stamps Built (1) The Library Challenge (4) The Male Room (89) The Merry Christmas Challenge (2) The Paper Craft Crew (1) The Paper Players (120) The Sisterhood of Crafters (2) Tic Tac Toe Challenge (4) Time Out Challenge (25) Try Stamping on Tuesday (2) Tuesday Morning Sketches (1) Tuesday Throwdown (11) tutorial (1) Twofer Challenge (14) Virginia's View Challenge (5) Waffle Flower (1) Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (12) Wednesdays Creative Inspirations (4) Weekly Christmas Challenge (1) Your Next Step (1)