Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Gently Falling

Greetings Everyone,

For today I am submitting this card to Addicted to CAS, Pals Paper Arts and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Since fall is in the air and the leaves are starting to change I thought it would be perfect time to celebrate with a CAS Autumn card.. Here you go! Enjoy!

All that white space makes the color that is present just pop! 
The Pool Party border is just enough to
frame these Autumnal leaves
Detail showing the color of the leaves

The color prompt from Pals Paper Arts was so beautiful. This stamp (SU not sure of the name) reminded me of gently falling leaves, perfect fit for Addicted to CAS challenge. As I didn't have the exact colors for the PPA challenge I tried to get close. I stamped the leaves using Tangelo Twist but it needed a bit more pink to match PPA. So I added some Dried Marigold Distress ink and blended it with an aqua pen.
Image result for distress markers dried marigold
Example of the added color to get close to
Tangerine Tango
I also used Pool Party to blend into the leaves. Because the Tangelo Twist is more of a dark coral the addition of the of the Dried Marigold was just the ticket to get close to the . I added the yellow using the darker Daffodil Delight alcohol marker to coordinate with Crushed Curry. 

Addicted to CAS is what prompted me to try my hand (once again) at a CAS card. All the white space I think allows the color of the leaves to really shine. The Pool Party border was done by coloring the ink from the pad to the paper, then die cut again allowing some leaves to see some blue. The twine was added for some texture.

Entering Challenges:
  PPA267
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

That is all for me I hope this post finds you well and I want to say a big 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!!
Thank you so much for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment I really like a good critique good, great, or otherwise. Take care and see you soon.

All the best,
Shawna

8 comments:

Windy Ellard said...

Love the leaves and how soft this card feels! Thanks for joining the Pals color challenge this week!

Veerle said...

Gorgeous card.
x

Doni High said...

A great CAS card! Love the colors you used and the twine is a perfect finishing touch.
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS...Oh and Happy Birthday to your Mom! :)

Jingle said...

Awesome ink work on this! I love it! Thank you for joining us for the STAMPtember® celebration on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Loll said...

LOVE your design Shawna. Your autumn coloured leaves are so beautiful, especially paired with the soft pool party border. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

Monika Reeck said...

So sweet this leaves on your card
I adore your coloring them and how CAS design you have made
I love this Shawna
I must start writing application for Job dear
my contract only till dec 2015
if I am not in Blogland and commenting your lovely cards
you know where I am
in front of my computer and typing (WITH GERMAN LANGUAGE ARRGGHH) the application
imagine it is a difficult language and sometimes my Hubby correction it I need him I need his help
english is my second language my first is Indonesia and German is my third language
also my keyboard has german words there are QWERTZ also Not QWERTY because the Y change the position with Z one day I will send you a picture of Germany keyboard Shawna
I was shock as I came here hehehe
Now you read a bit story about me...
hugs, Monika

Monica Maier said...

Fabulous card, congrats on the top 3 spot!

BożenA said...

congratulations, it is a beautiful card and deserves to win.
Hugs and Kisses
BozenA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

(PIN)spirational (76) 4 Crafty Chicks (1) A Day For Daisies (3) AAA Birthday (5) AAA Cards (49) ABC Christmas Challenge (1) Addicted to CAS (41) Addicted to Stamps (2) Addicted to Stamps and More (31) All Dressed Up Challenge (1) Allsorts Challenge (4) Alphabet Challenge (2) Always Playing with Paper (11) Animal Friends Challenge (3) As You See It (11) Brown Sugar Challenge (12) CanYouCaseIt Challenge (1) Cards in Envy (21) Cardz4Galz (2) Cardz4Guys (12) CAS Colours & Sketches (26) CAS Mix Up (1) CAS on Fridays (7) CAS on Sunday (5) CAS Stencil Challenge (1) CAS Watercolour Card Challenge (12) CAS-ology (54) CAS-ual Fridays (4) CAS(E) this Sketch (90) CASEing Christmas (1) casology (1) Challenge Up Your Life (6) Christmas Card Challenge Blog (2) Christmas Card Throwdown (1) City Crafter Challenge Blog (37) Color Hues (8) Color INKspiration (2) Color My Heart Color Dare (41) Colour Q (26) Come and Get It Challenge (3) Craft Stamper Challenge (2) Crafty Cardmakers (2) Crafty Creations (1) Crafty Gals Corner (10) Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (1) Create with Connie and Mary (8) Creative Inspirations (2) Creative Knockouts (5) Creative with Stamps (46) Cupcake Inspirations (28) Curtain Call (18) Daisy Chain Challenges (2) Daring Cardmakers (2) Day of the Month Card Club (4) Design Team (294) Double D Challenges (42) DRS Designs (4) Fab Friday (5) Fab n' Funky (2) Fantasy Stampers (1) Festive Friday (2) Freshly Made Sketches (125) Friday MashUp! (3) Fusion (33) Gina K. Designs (1) Global Design Project (2) Guest Designer (42) Hand Stamped Sentiments (18) Happy Little Stamper- Anything Goes with Dies (1) Happy Little Stamper- CAS (3) Happy Little Stamper- Christmas (4) Happy Little Stamper- Mixed Media (1) Happy Little Stamper- Sketch (1) HLS Christmas Challenge (1) Holly Jolly Christmas (1) House of Cards (49) If You Give a Crafter a Cookie (6) IN(K)SPIRE_me (5) Inkspirational (50) Inspire.Create.Challenge (1) Inspired by All The Little Things (10) Inspired By... (11) Jingle Bells (1) Joy of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge (1) Just Add Ink (14) Just Us Girls (58) Less is More (23) Let's Squash It! (1) Little Tangles Challenge (4) Make It Monday (2) Make My Monday (61) MarkerPOP! (1) Match this Sketch (1) Merry Monday Challenge Blog (2) MHK Designs (114) Miscellaneous (3) Mix It Up (1) Mod Squad Challenge (12) MoJo Monday (1) My Time to Craft! (6) Naughty or Nice Challenge (3) NBUS (7) One Layer Christmas Card Challenge (2) Paper Craft Crew Challenges (7) Paper Pals Arts (2) Papercraft Challenge (4) Pattie's Creations Design (3) Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges (1) PolkaDoodles Challenge (1) Rainbow Card Challenge (6) Retro Rubber Challenge (21) Retro Sketches (4) Rubber Dance Blog (1) Runway Inspired Challenge (2) Seize the Birthday (9) Sentimental Sundays (1) SheepSki Designs (1) shopping (1) Shopping Our Stash (15) Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (5) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (6) Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday Challenge (1) Sister Act (1) Sketch Saturday (13) Society of Stampholics (3) Sparkle and Shine (3) SSS Wednesday (10) Stampin' Royalty (2) Stamping Sensations (7) StampInkPaper (5) STAMPlorations-Theme & Sketch (3) StampPeddler (26) Sunday Stamps (48) Sweet Stampin (4) Technique Tuesday (1) TGIF Challenges (3) The Card Concept (36) The Challenge (4) The Color Throwdown (119) The Crafty Addicts (1) The Flower Challenge (15) The House That Stamps Built (1) The Library Challenge (4) The Male Room (89) The Merry Christmas Challenge (2) The Paper Craft Crew (1) The Paper Players (120) The Sisterhood of Crafters (2) Tic Tac Toe Challenge (4) Time Out Challenge (25) Try Stamping on Tuesday (2) Tuesday Morning Sketches (1) Tuesday Throwdown (11) tutorial (1) Twofer Challenge (14) Virginia's View Challenge (5) Waffle Flower (1) Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (12) Wednesdays Creative Inspirations (4) Weekly Christmas Challenge (1) Your Next Step (1)