For today I am entering the Gina K. Design weekly challenge with a technique called spotlighting. Click here to see more. This previous post shows a similar approach to spotlighting.
I am also entering Always Playing with Paper challenge #27. I took a different approach to the sketch; I used the spotlighting for the banners and the coconut drink for the additional image. Just wanted to think outside the box (no pun intended.).
Always Playing with Paper #27
Gina K. Designs weekly Challenge (STV15MON12)- Seeing Spots!
Well here it is.. Very fun and very colorful.. BTW I would love that yummy drink!
|The color scheme from Always Playing with Paper|
and the spotlight technique from Gina K.Designs make a perfect match
|Showing the spotlight technique|
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
|Tropical drink image seems to anchor the sentiment.|
- Stamped and masked the flamingos and the background palm trees using Gina K. Designs 'Aloha' stamp set
- This step got a bit tricky at first. How am I going to exactly duplicate the flamingos I just stamped on my card to another sheet of paper so I could color it? Well after a couple of minutes I thought 'of course', the printer. So went to my printer and made a copy.
- Now the image is ready to color. I used the color palette from Always Playing with Paper.
- Mounted the colored image onto gray paper and added it to the card.
- On a separate sheet of paper stamped the sentiment and coconut drink.
- Colored the coconut and fussy cut.
- Cut out the sentiment and adhered it to the card.
- Then lastly, adhered the coconut drink image under the sentiment.
Well that brings me to the end of this post.. Thank you so much for stopping by and do hope to see you soon!
Take care all,