CAS(E) this Sketch #117
|Each egg is stamped, embossed, heat set,|
colored then cut out.
|I used two grass dies for a 3D effect.|
(borrowed from Jan Kirkconnell at Stamp Therapy
here in Grand Rapids, Michigan)
|I just love the surprised look of this little bunny.|
Just too cute!!
|Detail of the bunny! I just had to use it.|
- Each egg is stamped using VersaMark ink with white embossing powder then heat set.
- The eggs were colored with water based markers so they would easily blend when water was added.
- I used 4 colors for each egg. A light color to 'wash' the egg then a darker shade for the edges to create some dimension. Then the color for the leaves and flowers. Each egg, as you can see, is different.
- While coloring I would dab the egg with a very damp paper towel to let the colors blend, just a bit, not too much..
- Used a dry rag to pick up any ink on the white embossing to show the resist.
- Die cut the grasses using two dies borrowed from Jan, owner of Stamp Therapy here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Thank you so much!!
- Placed the egg and grasses on the card per the challenge sketch.
- Stamped my bunny and fussy cut. Adhered the bunny in the grass. I just love his look!
- Added sentiment from Stampin' Up! (retired).
- Lastly, I rounded the outer corners.
I really loved how this turned out.. Like I said before I was already making the eggs and CAS(E) this Sketch along with AAA Cards gave me a reason to use them!! Thank you so much for stopping by!! I hope you enjoyed the card.. Take care and please feel free to leave me a comment..
All the best,