Today I am so happy to FINALLY post my card from Society of Stampaholics March Challenge. I used both the color and sketch challenge (see below).
|Sketch and color challenge|
Society of Stampaholics: March
|Using the color palette from the challenge I sponged|
the paper to create an ombre sunset effect
|Utilizing the sketch, I used coordinated |
enamel dots to complete the design.
|Detail of the sentiment 'hi there' with|
matching enamel dot.
- Cut my CS to an A2 size: 4.25"x 5.5" card.
- Using the colors from challenge I started sponging the background creating an ombre effect.
- Cut the violet CS at an angle and trimmed the edges.
- Die cut the word 'hi' leaving negative on the bottom part of the design and positive space to complete the one word sentiment. Adhered to card.
- Got my alphabet stamps out and stamped the word 'there'.
- Adhered enamel dots to the card per the sketch to match the color scheme.
I have found that sponging the background is much easier for me and bears better results than using the brayer. Just my own personal preference. I tried looking for the video on how to do it, but I can't seem to find it.. If I find it, I will make sure to post it..
I hope you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for jumping on over here. Please leave any comments good, happy, or otherwise.. I hope you have a great day and we will see you soon!
All the best,