Today I am going to share with you a card I made for Monika's birthday! I have found we have some things in common! We love the Beatles and we share an obsession with creating cards. This song is for you Monika! One of my favorites and hope you enjoy it!
And now for the important part, the card!! The screen shot is like my card, bright, cheery, and very graphic. Well Monika here you go!! I really hope you had a great day!!
|Using highlighters and water applied to|
watercolor paper then cut into strips.
|Lots of dimension and layers went into this card.|
|The edge got a bit wonky but in the end it worked!|
|The silver birthday sentiment adds just enough shine to this already |
bright and cheery birthday card.
Okay, so this is how I did it!:
- Cut my white card base: A2: 4.25" x 5.5". Set aside.
- Colored on watercolor paper with highlighters and added water to diffuse the marker.
- Cut highlighter paper into strips and adhered it to white CS.
- Die cut 'happy' leaving the negative space for the design.
- Backed the highlighter panel with black CS at an angle.
- Cut another piece of black CS to match the angle of the highlighter panel. Adhered to base.
- Adhered the highlighter panel.
- Die cut 'birthday' using silver CS. This time keeping the positive space and placing it on the highlighter panel
- Lastly, I punched out different sized little white circles adding a final touch to this birthday card.
All the best,