This card was prompted by MoJo Monday challenge 394. When I first looked at this sketch I thought, 'How on earth are you supposed to get a decent card from this sketch?'.. Challenge right? Right! So off I was to... well... stare at the sketch and ponder how this is going to become a artful card.
Not to blow my own horn, but I just love the way this card turned out.. Balance, color, and glorious texture!! I hope you like it as much as I do.. Here it is..
|The wood texture is what started this off. All I could think of|
was a gardening shed. So off I was to create the rest of the card!
|This is a side folding card measuring: 6" x 4.5". |
Scoring the front panel to leaving a small
flap to adhere to the back panel.
|These colors are remind me of a warm spring day.|
The texture of the wood is what frames the flower so nicely.
|Each petal flower was glued on the flower base of this die.|
Bringing over a touch of petals to the panel and the addition of the sequins
bring balance to the card.
Well, what do you think? There are lots of steps but well worth it. So, this is how I did it:
- Cut a sheet of CS to 4.5" x 6.5"; scoring at 6"
- Cut another sheet of CS to 4.5" x 6" and adhered it to the scored panel.
- Created the worn wood background using kraft paper, acrylic paint, the Hardwood Stamp, and colored pencils. Cut to fit the card base panel and adhered.
- Trimmed patterned paper and adhered it to the rest of the card.
- Cut a white rectangle per the sketch sponged it using blues and yellows to give it a sense of place.
- Dry embossed purple paper then sanded it down so the white would show through.
- Adhered the both sponged and embossed paper to the card.
- Added light pink ribbon.
- Die Cut the flower petals in various shades of purple.
- Glued down each petal then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls and water for some shimmer.
- Die cut the flower stem and leaves then added that and the petal base to the card.
- Added a few sequins and a touch of purple flowers on the embossed panel.
- Stamped sentiment.
|The flower die used from|
Impression Obsession Hydrangea Set
Well I am tired and I wanna' go to bed... Night, night everyone and don't forget to leave a comment nice, wonderful, or otherwise! Take care and see you soon!
All the best,