For today's card I will be joining The Male Room. Their theme for this fortnightly challenge is to use a song title or (I believe) a lyric. So this is a wonderful challenge because I just have some song titles/lyrics at my craft table just waiting for such an occasion as this challenge! My song title/lyric comes from 'The 59th Street Bridge Song (feelin' groovy)' from Simon and Garfunkel. One of my favorites! If you are unfamiliar with the duo click here for some more info.
This is the album cover from their
Greatest Hits album in 1972
While you enjoy the music I would also like you to have a look at my card I made for The Male Room- Theme: Song Title (TMR#14-15). So sit back, turn up the volume on your device, and delight in the music.
|The word 'groovy' looks fitting due to the center of the 'o' and 'g'|
being offset from the middle. Gives it a more 60's feel.
|The paisley background was actually an image I colored|
then converted to gray-scale for a more masculine feel.
|Even though flowers are present, they are made masculine|
due to the color palette and the 60's feel of the design.
|The rusty orange accent color has a bit of sparkle.|
Just enough to make the elements pop.
- Cut and scored dark gray CS to 5.5" x 4.25" and set aside.
- Scanned and printed the paisley in gray-scale on computer paper.
- Die cut the denim patterned paper with the word 'groovy' and a wave.
- Placed the paisley behind 'groovy' leaving room for the wave to show through.
- Added another strip of paisley at the bottom of the card.
- Die cut the rusty orange paisley and added them over the gray paisley paper under the wave.
- Die cut 'i love u' using the denim PP then added them to the top of the gray card.
- Adhered the groovy denim panel and wave to the card.
- Die cut 'all is' using the orange paisley and placed them as shown.
Well that is all for now. I hope you enjoyed your stay and if you'd like to leave a comment that would be great too.. Thank you for stopping by and take care..
All the best,