I will be forty pretty soon and was given such a pretty ring for my birthday. To thank her I wanted to make the best thank you card.. Wow! Does this card fits the bill perfectly. She loves anything pink, purple and sparkly.
|The translucent flower draws some of the color|
from underneath giving it a kind of glow..
|Very elegant thank you card. The border|
has a velvet touch.
|'you' is offset from the darker purple|
showing a bit of dimension.
I usually wouldn't do such a vividly purple card but this color challenge from Color Throwdown just took me by surprise.. Upon opening up the blog I said that I had to do this! It took a few tries but in the end I think I got it..
|Entering Color Throwdown #351|
- Cut and scored white CS to A2 size
- Die cut the pink panel then distressed in purple.
- Die cut vellum flower then folded the petals to show dimension. Added purple circle and sequin to the center. Set aside.
- Die cut dark purple flourish then added it to the pink panel.
- Added purple velvet border to the pink panel and a thicker strip to the dark purple border.
- Added white string then adhered flower to the pink panel.
- Adhered the pink panel to the dark purple panel.
- Attached the purple panel to the velvet panel.
Well that is it for me today.. I hope you liked your stay and want to thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment good, great or otherwise.. I like to hear what you are thinking. Until next time take care and we will see you soon.
All the best,