This last Christmas my daughter and I went to the 'Nutcracker' ballet here in town. What an amazing and magical experience for my daughter and me. Her eyes just lit up when she saw the 'toy' ballerina! She told me she looked so real and pink! It just happen to turn into her favorite color for an entire five days!!
Thanks to (PIN)spirational with the theme 'Everything is better in PINK' and the folks over at Inkspirational gave me the tools I needed to create tonight's card.. So here it is! I hope you like it..
|I wanted to make the background almost dreamy.|
Like a little girl imagining the possibility
of herself being a ballerina one day.
|Throwing roses on stage after a performance|
are highlighted by the only other color on this card, green
|The dress is made out of vellum. Colored both the|
base image that was stamped directly on the CS and the
vellum image to create a sense of depth.
|Close up shows the grungy detail of these flowers.|
The highlighting around the flowers allows the roses to pop out.
(PIN)spirational: Challenge #143 - Everything is better in PINK
Inkspirational Challenge: #86 - Theme: Grunge
So here is the Readers Digest version of my How To:
- Created background using the 'shaving cream technique'. Gina K. does an excellent job of explaining what it is click HERE to see her video.
- Masked off the area where the dress is supposed to be.
- Stamped and heat embossed the roses then colored them in using a darker shade of pink.
- Stamped ballerina costume image on CS panel then colored a darker shade of pink.
- Stamped the ballerina costume image on vellum and heat embossed white. Colored light colors on the backside of the stamped image.
- Adhered the vellum dress onto the black stamped image.
- Distressed the edges of the panel by using Prismacolor colored pencils creating a 'sketchy' border.
- Stamped sentiment.
- Cut and scored my white CS to 4.25" x 5.5" (A2)
- Placed the paisley BG first, them the solid BG, followed by the ballerina panel.
- Added a pink bow around the hanger. (the hanger needed a sense of place and what better way to that then a bow.)
Well that is it for me today... Very tired from camping for four days. Really it was a vacation... I hope you like my submission today and please feel free to leave a comment good, great, or otherwise. I like to hear what you have to say!
Take care all and we will see you real soon!
All the best,