I am here to proudly announce that I am one of the new design team members for the House of Cards Challenge blog! I am so excited to share with you my first card as a DT member!!
|All the food elements blend nicely with the sentiment!|
|The colors just pop off the crisp white CS! Stamping|
with masked letters seemed to work nicely.
Well speaking of YUM, I was challenged by combining food elements to a card I would actually give someone. Well the sentiment 'your'e the sweetest' seemed like an excellent fit! The 'YUM' panel was made to look like it came from a fruit stand; Distressed, grungy, and not perfect. Kind of like a sign you would see on the side of the road saying 'pick your own blueberries here'.
|Current Challenge for July|
at House of Cards
Make My Monday - Sweet Summer Treats and DT call (please consider my submission for a spot on your team)
Addicted to Stamps #151- Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge #85- Anything Goes
- Cut and scored 110lb. white CS to 7 1/4" x 5". Set aside.
- Traced the letters on copy paper and cut out the letters using a craft knife.
- Placed the YUM! mask on another sheet of 110lb. CS and taped it down.
- Started stamping the fruit images using the swatch colors provided.
- Lightly sponged lavender Distress Ink all over the letters so they show more clearly. Removed the mask.
- Traced the letters with a silver gel ink pen.
- Created masks for the letters and punctuation and placed them over the letters.
- Painted over the entire panel using white acrylic paint for texture.
- Distressed the edges bring out the some of the texture with Vintage Photo and Lavender ink. Removed masks.
- Dry fit the panel element, gingham strip, and sentiment stamp.
- Stamped sentiment then added the picnic gingham strip to the white CS base.
- Adhered the YUM! panel to the CS base.
- Stamped more fruit images on a separate sheet of CS, fussy cut, and added them to the card.
I really like how it turned out and I hope you do too. Well that is it for me!! I hope you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for stopping by and spending here at TheGrandStampede!! We hope to see you soon!
All the Best,