For today I am playing along with Curtain Call and Just Us Girls.. These challenges are what created this fun and cheery card.... However these challenges were well.... Challenging. At first I thought I had it in the bag! Then I got to my craft table and....... Crickets. I went through idea after idea then I thought 'go with what you know.' and I did.. Then after some time fiddling this card started to evolve into something that is really like.. In fact, it has become one of my favorites..
The subtle gradation from dark pink to almost white gives a kind of glow to the design.. The other colors can be seen through the luxurious gold embossing. The cupcake gives the card a sense of whimsy as does the sentiment. That was the method to my madness I hope you like this card as much as I liked making it..
|The background stamp works perfectly with|
the ombre background. Each of the elements
fading away as they go to the top of the card.
|The gold embossing gives the card texture and shine|
that I think is so fun for this playful birthday card!
|The cupcake and sentiment have center stage|
and is not fighting with the dynamic background
Curtain Call- July 1~Celebrate
Just Us Girls- Trend Week~gold
- Cut and scored my white top folding CS base to 4.25" x 5.5" (A2) set aside
- Cut another sheet of CS to appox 3.5" x 5".
- Sponged yellow, teal, dark pink, and light pink onto the smaller CS creating an ombre effect.
- Let it REALLY dry. (hint: try sprinkling embossing powder on the inked surface first to make sure that it is dry).
- Stamped the image with VersaMark Ink and heat set it with gold embossing 'powder'. (hint: take a swiffer duster and wipe off the excess glitter embossing powder from your work surface. Works like a charm).
- Stamped the cupcake image twice and used the second stamped image to color and the first image for the cupcake wrapping.
- Fussy cut the cupcake and the wrapping.
- Stamped, colored, and fussy cut the cherry on top.
- Adhered the assembled cupcake to CS and fussy cut around the image for a white border.
- Die cut the sentiment 'happy' twice. The second sentiment die cut only the 'hap' then stacked two of them on top of one another to match the cupcake image.
- Assembled the card as shown on the white CS base.
I want to thank you for your patience getting this post together. I was yet again on another time crunch to get the card linked in but I wanted to really take time to write out my explanation and intention for the design and how to recreate it if you'd like..
Thank you for stopping by leave a message if you so inclined to do so. Take care and we will see you soon at TheGrandStampede!
All the best,