You may have noticed I deleted my last post. Why? I just didn't like it for the challenge and have decided to submit another card. But that is not what this post is about. My nephew has just enlisted in the Army and I couldn't be prouder. I remember when he was just a bustling little boy. Wow how time flies!! I usually send this out to my family but for now it is just between you, me, and the World Wide Web..
Also I have decided to join the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge this week. Like I have been saying all along I am working on my CAS skills and I think this time I did pretty well. I do have good incentive...
|Shapes and colors of the background |
give the impression of a flag. Bold colors and
sentiment seem to work cohesively together.
|The splatters and grid pattern is what |
really gives this card a masculine look.
Card Size: A2
|Close up of the image I created. Eagle was lightly colored|
I wanted the eye to ask 'Is that bird colored?' Only the beak
and feet really give the answer 'yes'
- Cut and scored my card to A2 size: 4.25” x 5.5” to make a top folding card.
- Stamped the eagle on scratch paper then on my card.
- Created an eagle mask and applied it to the card
- Masked off an area for the stripes then stamped the image.
- Stamped the stars using VersaMark Ink and heat embossed in white.
- Sponged the blue using Distress Ink (Faded Jeans)
- Stamped the grid (retired SU) and splotches
- Stamped the sentiment 2x for a bolder look.
- Took off eagle mask and ever so slightly colored the eagle.
Well that is it! Clean and Simple.. I think my nephew will like this card. It feels good to know that he is appreciated for what he is doing for our country. Thank you Michael.. You are truly my hero.
Take care all and thank you so much for visiting!! I do really appreciate your comments if you feel so inclined… See you soon.
All the best,