She uses a manual embosser and cotton balls. I saw Deb's card and was intrigued at how 3D it looked. So, I had to try this for myself and with the prompt of DRS Designs Color challenge I was on my way!
When I saw these colors I just fell in love.. What amazing inspiration... Well I hope you like my take on the challenge.. Here is my card.
I am not going to go through a step-by-step on how I made the card but if you didn't want to see the video here is how I made the embossed image.
Inspired by Color #175
|Card Size: 4" x 6". Using all the colors from the photo|
I think this card turned out wonderfully.
|The butterfly is actually made using a punch and lace that was given to me by|
a friend. The patterned vellum had the perfect sentiment!
|It really looks three dimensional and what a 'feely' card|
Worked out just like Deb said.
|Again showing the embossing using 110 lb. paper, |
craft mat, and hand embosser.
- Stamped the flowers on 110lb. paper and then colored them using my alcohol markers.
- The markers did bleed through the paper which was a good guide to start tracing my flowers with my embosser.
- Again using my embosser and craft mat I embossed and filled in the flowers and stems.
- Flipped the card over and traced some of the petals for more dimension.
- Glued in some cotton (not much) inside the embossed areas to really make the flowers pop. Let dry.
- Adhered it to the polka dotted card stock.
Well that is it for me.. I hope you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment good, great, or otherwise. Take care.
All the Best,