For today I am sending this card to Runway Inspired Challenge.. I actually had a dress like this one in high school.. Goodness knows what happened to it but I remember it like it was yesterday..
Runway Inspired Challenge: ric#83
This dress reminds me of a dress I owned in high school.. It was so very comfortable to wear.. However, I think this model holds it very well.. And of course I saw this the day it posted so why not wait till the last minute!! Anyway, I just couldn't pass this up!! Here it is!!
|Celebrate with a toast!!|
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
|Springy card reminding me of sitting on|
a porch enjoying the flowers and some red.
|Close up of the bottle and glasses. |
The simple sentiment says it all..
I would consider this an all occasion card.. You can celebrate just about anything: Anniversary, birthday, retirement, or just the joy of life.
So this is how I created it:
- Cut and scored a piece white CS to size A2
- Colored stamp with distress marks. Colors inspired by the photo.
- LIGHTLY sprayed the stamp to reactivate the ink and stamped on watercolor paper.
- Without re-inking I stamped the same image to the left and right of the original.
- Watercolored and then sponged Distress Ink around the perimeter and some washed black throughout the panel
- Mounted the panel to black CS leaving a border.
- Added the entire design to my white CS base.
Well that was it.. I hope you enjoyed the card.. Let me know by leaving a comment.. I love reading them. Have a great night or good morning (wherever you are in the world.) and thank you so much for stopping by..
All the best,