First off, I would like to thank everyone for your wonderful comments on my blog.. They really mean a lot to me and wanted to let you know it is appreciated..
So, for today I am submitting a birthday card with three wishes and sending it out to these challenges..
Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge: May 2015
The Paper Players Color Challenge #244- PP244
House of Cards- Bokeh Effect
Boy, this card packs a punch!! So much inspiration!! Seriously I was on overload and then 'DING' there was my design; now I just have to put it to paper.. Well here it is I really hope you like it..
|Bokeh effect seems to work well with the genie in a bottle theme.|
The 'wishes' sentiment is also very fitting
|Just a band of bling and a |
sprinkling around the circle adds a touch of pzazz.
|Today I actually saw the sun!!|
Taking advantage of the light to let the gems sparkle.
And this is how I did it!
- Cut and scored my CS to 4.25" x 5.25"
- Masked off the area I would leave white
- Stamped dots and heat embossed with clear powder
- Sponged Pistachio Pudding over the CS; emboss resist
- Ironed off the embossing powder leaving the white circles.
- Using Lost Lagoon, Frosted White pigment ink and something like Sahara Sand but did have something close.) I stamped even more circles till I got the desired effect
- Sponged Lost Lagoon around the edges followed by Frosted White.
- Stamped 'Happy Birthday' sentiment using Nautical Blue.
- Stamped 'wishes' three times.
- Added rhinestone border and then added them around the card.
- Glued the 'genie bottle' to the card.
That was it!! It seems like a lot of steps but really it went by very fast!! With the ink drying I gave the card to my son's teacher. She LOVED it!! And the gift certificate inside helped too.
Well I am going to post another card later tonight. So you aren't done with me yet! Anyway, thank you so much for stopping by and don't forget to leave comments good, great, or otherwise.. Take care and see you soon!
All the Best,