I would like to proudly announce that I won The Male Room Challenge!! What a surprise and what a great Mothers Day gift!! Thank you DT I really do appreciate it..
Now for the card I have been wanting to show you.. It was part of the Society of Stampholics April chain card challenge.. I sent mine to my new friend Carol in Scotland. And again, like last month, I was kind of intimated sending a card to such a talented artist. You can hop on over to her blog to see her amazing work..
|Here was the sketch and color inspiration|
from S.O.S April Challenge
Without further ado here is my design:
|Well at least the sketch was in line with|
|Stamped and splattered color to create a|
kind of space look. hummm..
|The three sequins and three stars create|
a triangle which is pleasing to the eye.
I used a h2o-color wash, then stamped, then washed again, used acrylic paint with water, used just acrylic paint.. AHH!! not working out!! Then I set it aside and ate dinner... Came back and thought 'This actually isn't too bad. In fact, it goes with my star theme and there it was in front of me the entire time..
So this is how did it:
- Cut and scored my CS to 4.25" x 5.5"
- Cut heavy watercolor paper to 1/4" smaller then the card base.
- Then washed, stamped, painted with water, painted without water.. Left and came back and loved it.
- Die cut a star out of the watercolor paper exposing the white card base underneath.
- Die cut two smaller stars and traced them with a black marker. Adhered them to the card.
- Added the sequins
- Stamped sentiment on the exposed white CS base.
That was it.. I really hope you enjoyed your time with me today.. Thank you so much for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment good, great, or otherwise.. Take care all and hope you have a great day!!
All the best,