Today I have one card that I am entering in three challenges. With Fathers Day right around the corner it gives us crafters time to work on some masculine cards. So, the challenges I playing along with are Color Throwdown, Freshly Made Sketches, and the Mod Squad Challenge Blog. All these blogs had such great ideas I could have done more cards with each challenge but decided to meld them into one card.
Sending my card off to:
Mod Squad Challenge Blog: Masculine
Freshly Made Sketches: FMS188
Color Throwdown: ctd344
And here is my card! I hope you enjoy it!
|The power of three is what Freshly Made Sketches|
did for their challenge. I decided to something masculine
and a bit over scaled.
|The gray ombre sky gives the card a |
more nautical feel vs. blue.
| A close up of my trio being true to the |
Color Throwdown color scheme.
So this is how I did it.
- Cut and scored my CS base to A2 size. Set aside..
- Trimmed another piece of CS an 1/8" smaller.
- Took the trimmed piece of CS and then partial die-cut a rectangle.
- Stamped the ship on the trimmed piece of CS.
- Stamped the ship again on Post-It note then fussy cut to create mask. Applied to the card.
- Stamped the shell
- Repeated step 5 using the shell stamp. Applied to card.
- Stamped the plant twice inking up the stamp and thumping on the darker color green.
- with all the masks still in place I stamped the wood grain then removed masks.
- Sketched around the edges where I will be fussy cutting and then cut around the images.
- Colored all the images and wood grain per the Color Throwdown challenge plus some dk neutrals.
- Stamped sentiment on dk. brown CS with VersaMark Ink then heat set white. Cut into a strip and added it to the trimmed card.
- Traced the outline of the scene on original CS then sponged gray ink to fade out on the top (ombre).
- Adhered trimmed CS base to original base.
This card was a bit complicated to make but wow what a result! Like I said at the start of this post all three challenges just worked so perfectly with this design.
Well that is all for me tonight; I hope you enjoyed your stay and we will see you soon. Don't forget to please leave a comment good, great, or otherwise. I like to hear what you have to say!
All the best,