Addicted to Stamps says anything goes! Okay, you asked for it! Well not really.. It actually gave me an opportunity to play along with Make My Monday Challenge using a favorite medium, kraft paper! Also, I see Addicted to Stamps has a DT call and yes I am interested in the position!
Addicted to StampsChallenge
#146 and DT call
|Entering Make My Monday Challenge:|
Theme: Use Kraft Card
|After heat embossing the wheat I thought it|
needed something more on the bottom.
Just a bit of Distress Ink sponged on the bottom
gave it the depth I wanted.
|The butterflies were stamped on blue CS|
I lightly highlighted the wings with PrismaColor pencils
and fussy cut the images.
|You can see the color variation on the kraft paper.|
I really like the way it turned out.
So how did I do it? Here is the way:
- Using a packaged kraft card base I stamped the wheat with VersaMark Ink and then heat set with white powder.
- Sponged 'Rusty Hinge' on the bottom of the card and worked my up fading the color out on the top.
- Sponged 'Vintage Photo' Distress Ink on the bottom.
- Mixed white acrylic paint with some water to thin it out then splattered the paint on the card base.
- Repeat step 4 but used yellow paint. Let dry
- Stamped butterflies on a separate sheet of blue CS then lightly highlighted the wings with some yellow PrismaColor pencils.
- Fussy cut the butterflies.
- Attached the butterflies by its body leaving their wings free.
- Stamped the sentiment in black.
Well that is it for me! I want to thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. Please don't forget to leave a comment good, great or otherwise. I like to hear your feedback. Also, thank you Addicted to Stamps for considering me to join your design team.
Take care all and have a great day!!!
All the best,