Just a quick note to say thank you so much to the design team at (PIN)spirational for choosing my card for their Top 3!! I am so thankful and pleased you liked it..
For today I am sending my card to Color Throwdown. What a fun and cheery color combination. The cool colors work so well with the mustard yellow.
|Sending this card to |
Color Throwdown #ctd343
The minute I saw this challenge I knew what I was going do but naturally it didn't turn out that way.. What I ended up doing was disassembling a card I did awhile ago and reworked the entire card with these colors in mind. I think it ended up better then the original! At the end of this post I will show you both and you tell me what you think. Well enough chit-chat here is my design hope you like it!!
So anyway this is my card for today. Like I mentioned earlier the peacock image was done quite a long time ago.. I kept the design essentially the same from the original but changed up the sentiment and the colors indicated by the challenge.
- I had the Lost Lagoon card made from a previous project to an A2 size.
- Punched a border on shimmery purple paper attached it to the card.
- Added yellow border to the left.
- The peacock panel was done using the opposite side of the border paper cut to size.
- Used previous ribbon from the last design attached it to the purple panel.
- Added a yellow banner then the peacock image.
- Color rhinestones to match the purple and added it to the peacock for some sparkle.
- Die cut the label and stamped sentiment attached to card.
That was it... If the computer cooperates I will post the original pic I did two years ago... Here we go.. If I do shut down thank you for visiting and we will see you soon and of course comments of all kinds are welcomed.
|I made this card about 2 years ago and just kept it.|
I thought it would be perfect to rework it for the Color Throwdown Challenge.
Phew! I made it!! Have a great night everyone.. And for those in the U.S.A. I hope you had a very special Memorial Day. Take care all and see you soon (I hope)...
All the best,