I should do more morning posts, I feel so accomplished.. Well I am still in my jams so maybe not so accomplished.
We are hanging on to the last strings of summer here in Michigan USA and I wanted to make a 'relax' card for Jo's Scrap Shack and Bunny Zoe's Crafts to commemorate these last days before school starts.
So for today I have created a circle card. I have never made a card that was not either a rectangle or square so I thought I would try my hand at making a circle card. Here it is.. Gulp! I hope you like it...
|Relaxing scene using Distress Markers and Aqua Pen.|
|Cut a portion out of the back so it would stand.|
|Image was colored using Distress Markers and an aqua pen.|
|White sentiment was chosen not to distract from the focal image.|
However, it does provide balance from the stamped image on top of the card.
I tried to color this image three different ways, Alcohol markers-too bold. PrismaColor pencils- too sketchy, Distress Markers with Aqua Pen- well that was just right. The scene is serene and full of watery color that adds to the calm.
- Stamped image in heavyweight watercolor paper.
- Colored image using Distress Markers and then blending them out with an aqua pen.
- Die cut image using a stitched circle die
- Die cut a larger circle for the card base.
- Die cut a second circle leaving some of the circle flat so it could stand. Then scored a line so the card would open from the back.
- Adhered the two larger circles together above the scored line to create my card.
- Stamped the top of a tree in light gray dye ink on the card base.
- Adhered the image to the card using dimensional adhesive.
- Die cut the sentiment and added it to the card.
There it is, my first shaped card.. Not bad for a first timer.. Well I have to start my day and get the kiddos going.. Don't forget to leave a comment good, great, or otherwise. Thank you so much for stopping by spending time with me. Have a great day and we will see you soon!
All the best,