For today I am posting my August inspiration card for the House of Cards. The theme this month is metallic. Oh the possibilities are endless and am so excited to see what everyone designs. I hope my card will jump start your creativity.. Enjoy!
|Copper embossing powder running down the card|
elegantly matches the copper sentiment.
|Metallic finishes changes as you move the card around|
which can give the entire design a new look.
|Dragonfly popping off the panel adds a|
beautiful design element to the card
One sculpture caught my eye right by the main entrance. It is a weathered patina sculpture (I will get a pic soon). The effect was runny, rusty and green. It was beautiful and completely inspired me to create this card. The color combination is soothing and yet very dynamic. The dragonfly panel also gives a sense of movement and acts as a subtle focal point. The dragonfly coming off the panel gives your eye a place to rest and view the sentiment with the same copper embossing. To keep your eye engaged a dark brown frame anchors the entire composition. I really am liked how this turned out and hope you do too.
- Cut and scored kraft CS to A2 size. Set aside.
- Cut another kraft panel then dragged VersaMark Ink down the panel and then heat set using copper embossing powder.
- Sponged green ink up the panel leaving some of the kraft paper exposed.
- Mounted the copper panel to the dark brown CS then to the kraft CS base.
- Cut the panel for the dragonflies, stamped them at different angles and distressed the edges.
- Added the dragonfly panel to copper base.
- Stamped dragonfly on a separate sheet of kraft paper.
- Stamped the sentiment using the same method as step 2.
- Fussy cut around the sentiment and dragonfly leaving a bit for the end of the card. Adhered to card.
Well that is it for me today! I hope I have sparked some inspiration and will prompt you to join us!! I want to thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your busy day for me. If you'd like to leave a comment good, great or otherwise that would be great. Your comments inspire me to be more creative everyday. Thank you again!
All the best,