For today I have a card that has been in my head for the better part of 3 years.. But it seems that now is a good time to put the idea into reality. Well here we are I hope you like it..
|I used a cover plate from Papertrey Ink.|
I have used this on various other projects.
|Patterned paper was sponged with a bit of Tumbled|
Glass Distress Ink to comply with Sunday Stamps
|Humming bird is from Gina K. Deisgns. The flower was|
cut out from the same PP as the background.
Oh what a great feeling to get an idea out of your head! These colors reminded me of a summer garden in full bloom on a hazy summer day. No garden isn't complete without a hummingbird in its midst. The lattice cover plate is a perfect addition to creating a kind of 'fenced' in area. All and all I think this card is a success.
- Cut and scored CS to an A2 size card. Set aside.
- Sponged PP using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.
- Trimmed down PP and adhered it to the card base.
- Die cut lattice cover plate and added it to the floral base.
- Fussy cut a larger flower out of the same PP. Added it to the card.
- Stamped the hummingbird image on a seperate piece of CS
- Colored the bird using Prismacolor pencils.
- Die cut the bird image with a stitched circular die. Adhered it to the card
- Sponged the corner of the bird die cut using colors Tumbled Glass and Pistachio by Memento.
- Die cut 'wishing' sentiment and lightly sponged the bottom.
- Stamped the rest of the sentiment using VersaMark Ink then heat set in white on a scrap piece of black CS and added it to the card.
With fall just around the corner it is nice to create summer cards. Thank you so much for stopping by and spending time with me. I really like to hear what you have to say so leave a comment if you'd like. Thank you again and take care!
All the best,