The card for today has become one of my favorites of all time! The color of the feather is a bit different for a traditional peacock feather and the background is a bit dreamy. This resulted in a surprising and interesting outcome; the feather reminds me of a negative photograph. Do you agree? Maybe, anyway Enjoy!
|This is a silk screen peacock feather using white acrylic paint.|
then colored using colored pencils.
|Dull silver embossing doesn't out stage |
the focal peacock image.
|Watercolored background with a silkscreen|
peacock feather then colored using PrismaColor pencils.
|I know a lot of crafters have this issue too but I couldn't quite get|
the shimmer from metallic colored pencils
|Sending card to:|
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C295
|Anything Goes at Sister Act|
- Cut my white card base to 6" x 4" and set aside.
- Painted the background of the peacock panel using basic watercolor.
- Silkscreen a black feather image using standard acrylic paint and let dry.
- Repeated step 3 but used white.
- Colored the feather using PrismaColor pencils.
- Layered color over color for more dimension.
- Created the banner with dull silver and black paper.
- Sentiment from black CS outlined with the same dull silver paper.
- Stamped sentiments using VersaMark Ink and then heat set using silver embossing powder.
- Cut and placed a piece of maroon CS to CS base per the sketch provided.
- Added the peacock panel to CS base.
- Adhered the banner and sentiment to card.
That should be it for me.. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking time out of your busy day to visit me.. Please leave a comment if you'd like!! Take care and see you soon!
All the best,