I have been M.I.A. for quite sometime due to family visits, kids camps, etc. but I am back in the saddle and ready to jump in with both feet.. So for today I want to share a card that I created for two challenges.. A color challenge from Color Throwdown and a themed challenge from The Male Room.
Here is my card for tonight.. I hope I haven't lost my Mo-Jo since I've been gone.
|The shell is the star of the show|
|The sand color is perfect with the |
lightly shaded shells..
|Added a bit of Spritz to the card to create a sense of it|
being wet or salty.
The colors remind me of the ocean at Seaside in the lovely state of Florida. Click here to learn more. The blues of the water and white sand beaches are, in my opinion, the most beautiful in the world. For those who haven't been there, put it on your list of places to travel; I promise it will not disappoint!!
The Color Throwdown: keyword ctd355
The Male Room: TMR#15-16; Vacation or on the Beach
Oh how fun to craft again.. However, when I got to my table I just stared at it and thought it was over.. Creativity gone.. Oh thank goodness I was wrong...
- Cut and scored white CS to an A2 size card. Set aside.
- Dry embossed seashell/beach image on gray CS.
- Felt the embossed image saying oooooo and ahhhhh
- Colored the embossed shell using PrismaColor pencils then smoothing out with Gamsol.
- Rubbed the rest of the image with the side of my colored pencils showing more dimension.
- Adhered patterned paper to my card base followed by the seashell/beach image.
- Die cut the 'relax' sentiment 3x and sandwiching them together.
- Die cut 'relax' once more using white CS and shaded the word using the same blues.
- Offset the shaded sentiment for dimension.
Phew I got through this without incident.. I want to thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your stay with TheGrandStampede. I am glad to be back in Blogland!! Take care all and see you soon.
All the Best,