Today I am going to share with you a card that I made for The Male Room and Sunday Stamps. I have been pondering on fusing these two challenges together for quite sometime when this morning at 4:00am I woke up and got it!! Ran down to my craft area and went to work.. And this was the result I hope you like the card.
|Here I am representing the Sunday Stamps sketch using the wheels|
as my four circles.
|This monochromatic and horizontal design|
is sleek modern with an antique flair.
|Detail showing the planks that frame the bicycles|
This adds interest without being too distracting to the overall design.
|Enamel dots were added for interesting and keeping the eye engaged.|
White dots are under the plank frame
while the gray dots are on the bicycle images.
|I thought a sentiment on the face of the card would be too much|
So I created a similar scene inside with the sentiment.
The Male Room: Spots & Stripes (TMR#15-15)
Sunday Stamps: SSC106 - Getting Sketchy
This design is a great way to use up some scraps. Each strip of paper is placed using various widths and I think it worked out well; especially the popped up plank frame! This is a unique detail and especially masculine. Some of the stripes of paper are metallic gray for just a bit of shine. The dots are in groups of three of gray and white that is in keeping with the spots 'n' stripes theme.
Okay here is the How To:
- Cut and scored white CS base to size A2.
- Gathered CS scraps of grays, browns, and black then cut them in strips in various widths.
- Arranged the strips of paper as shown then cut off any excess.
- Cut another sheet of small scrap CS and repeated step 3 except not cleaning up the edges.
- Stamped bicycles cut to fit then rounded the corners and outlined in black. Placed it on the plank panel.
- Attached the plank panel using dimensional adhesive.
- Added enamel dots.
- Repeated theme for the inside of the card.
Well that is it for me.. I want to thank you so much for stopping by and please leave a comment, I like to hear what you have to say.. Take care and have a great day!
All the best,