Addicted to Stamps current challenge theme is 'holiday'. We could choose any holiday, so I chose the 4th of July. One of my family members has a birthday on the fourth so why not make his card early and play along with Addicted to Stamps challenge blog.
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge
|This is a sketch I saved from|
The Verve Sketches Blog: May 2014
So last night off I was to make a card from the The Verve Sketches Blog. It is a sketch that inspired me back in 2014 so I kept it until I thought it would be useful. Well now was the time!
And here is my card!! Wanted the idea to be birthday and patriotic working together as one design. If they were competing with each other the card would make absolutely no sense. I think in this case I did a good job of fusing the two themes together. Well enough chit-chat here we are!! I just love the way it turned out!!
|Texture and patterns all are working together|
to form this cohesive design.
|The blue twine and embellishments were|
made to resemble fireworks.
- Cut and scored my CS base to 4.25" x 5.5" (A2)
- Cut an A2 size sheet of patterned star paper and attached it to the card.
- Dry embossed a red strip of scrap then distressed it using Espresso Truffle Ink by Memento. Attached it to the card.
- Cut a blue banner to fit then distressed the edges using the same ink. Attached to the card.
- Cut striped paper to size and rounded the corners.
- Die cut three stars then scored lines in the stars for dimension. Dry fit.
- Created tag and distressed the edges with the same Memento Ink.
- Added dark blue twine and adhered it to the banner then added 3 pearl-like embellishments.
- Stamped sentiment.
- Assembled the entire card.
I want to thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed yourself and we will see you very soon. And please if you'd like please leave a comment good, great, or otherwise. Take care all and thanks again.
All the Best,