Sending my card to:
The Card Concept #37 - The Butterfly Effect
CAS(E) this Sketch: CTS #128
Naughty or Nice Challenge: NON16
And here is my card.. Wow! was this fun to make.. A bit involved but well worth it!
|The design elements are from the challenges which made for a |
|Watercolor background was done using leftover|
Distress Ink from a previous project. All I did was mop the ink up with paper
then let it dry for a year or so.
|The understated sentiment embossed on vellum in silver|
is an elegant touch.
How to (Reader's Digest style):
- The watercolor panels were made about a year ago. It is leftover ink from a previous project. All I did was mop it up with this paper.
- Cut it into three sections and applied it to the card.
- Cut the angles at the bottom of the banners.
- The larger-then-life butterfly was stamped with VersaMark Ink and then heat set in white.
- Applied Distress Inks to the butterfly and wiped of access so the white embossing powder would resist the color.
- Fussy cut the butterfly.
- Divided the butterfly into three pieces and adhered each section to a watercolor panel.
- Cut a strip of vellum then embossed the sentiment in silver and added a silver dot.
I hope you enjoyed your stay! Please if you would like leave a comment good, great, or otherwise that would be great!! Take care all and Happy Fathers Day to our guys out there!!
All the best,