I didn't want to miss this challenge because I really adore the colors and sketch challenge for Fusion. This was a wonderfully inspiring challenge where as the colors were spot on. The sketch however could be interpretive for my design. The two banners from the drawing has translated to flowers. I think it works and hope it lives up to the 'fusion' you are looking for. Scroll down and take a look.
|Entering Challenge: Fusion|
Theme: Wedding Belles
|Butterfly add a bit of elegance to this already beautiful card.|
|The lines of the card are correct with the sentiment.|
|Having fun with the flowers.|
The card is a bit bigger then A2 card due to the unexpected white border around the border. I did this to balance out the bold frame within the card.
The photo inspiration was a huge help for this type of card. I'm usually not so ultra feminine as this card is. Not to say I didn't like it, it just stretched my creative brain to think differently then usual. And I really like the way it turned out with all its swirly layers and grand style.
- Cut my aqua base to A2 size
- Die cut the frame and some swirls. set aside.
- Die cut vellum leaves used throughout the card. set aside.
- Die cut the flowers and fastened together with brads. set flowers aside
- Die cut tiny yellow flowers. set aside.
- Die cut butterfly then stamped using VersaMark Ink then heat set using white powder.
- Adhered all the elements to the card as shown.
- Stamped the sentiment using VersaMark Ink then heat set using silver powder.
- Adhered the entire panel to white CS and cut to fit.
That is for me today! I hope you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment. Take care.
All the best,