Every now and then I think I might want to do something with water but then get scared and stray away. That was until I saw this AMAZING card from Michelle Zindorf. I thought I could try it and see how I do.. What is the worst that can happen? I throw it out! Let's try... And here is the end result...
|For more dimension I highlighted the water |
with a white gel pen.
|Dragonflies taking the place of the|
purple banner from the sketch.
Your Next Step: Sketch and Color Challenge #16
I think the card turned out very well.. I especially like the leaf on the upper left. It looks like one part is under the water. I just love it!! I used the dragonflies in place of the purple panel from the sketch. I thought a full panel or even a banner would distract from the water images.
- Cut and scored my white card base to A2 size
- Cut light blue CS to the same size.
- Die cut three circles different sizes for masks
- Layed down the largest circle first and lightly sponged three different shades of blue around the circle.
- Repeated step 4 for the other two.
- Sponged the entire panel with the lightest ink for continuity.
- Used a two step stamp for the leaves using light for the base and dark for the detail.
- Stamped the dragonflies and colored their wings a light shade of gray.
- Stamped the sentiment twice to make it more bold.
Well that is it for me tonight. I hope you leave a comment and let me know what you think. Did I do okay depicting water or just so-so.. I am curious to see what you think.. Well have a great night everyone and we will see you soon!!
All the best,