Here in the U.S.A. summer is quickly approaching. We are also now in the first week of my children's summer break.. Eleven weeks of travel, camps, day trips, and the lazy summer days where my kids are practically chant 'I'm bored' (That doesn't happen till August). But these are the days I will look back fondly in my old crazy age and hear from my children the exact same stories about their children.
Speaking of Summer I am entering two challenges today, one of which is all about Summer. At Just Us Girls their theme this week is Summer and at Addicted to Stamps their theme is 'Make your Mark'. These fab blogs are where I am playing today.
Playing along with:
Addicted to Stamps: #147 'Make your Mark'
Just Us Girls: Word Week #296- Summer
And here is my card. Enjoy!
|Leaving the colors muted so the design of the stamp|
can stand out.
|This card would be perfect for a teenager or tween.|
Its design is kind of groovy.
- Cut and scored my card base to 4.25" x 5.5" (A2)
- Stamped my dotted BG swirls using peach ink by Ranger.
- On a separate sheet of CS I used a border punch to mimic the swirls of the stamped images then attached it to the card base.
- Stamped sentiment on the punched border base with same color ink as the BG.
- Stamped groovy image twice; cut out just the flip-flops on one stamped image then stamped more dotted swirls then colored the thongs.
- The second groovy image was stamped using VersaMark Ink then heat set using white embossing powder.
- Colored the image by sponging different colored Distress Inks while the embossed image resists the color. Wipe off excess ink with a damp towel.
- Colored the stars, flower, and heart maroon.
- Fussy cut and attached it to the card, followed by the flip-flops using dimensional adhesive.
All the Best,