For someone who makes cards almost constantly you would think I would remember everyone's birthday. Well you would be sorely wrong.. I seems sometimes I need to make more of these 'sorry I forgot your birthday' cards then birthday cards.. But it is the thought that counts. Right? Okay, not really..
I am sending this card to Make My Monday challenge. Their challenge was to use embossing- heat or dry. So I decided to do something a bit different which I will explain later. Also I see that you are looking for a design team member and yes I would be delighted to fill one the four spots available.
|Entering Make My Monday Challenge|
Embossing - heat or dry
|This sentiment is a bit snarky but I think it is|
very clever for a belated birthday card.
|The texture from the stencil gives the anchor an aged and weathered look.|
Like it has been at sea for awhile.
|After I the anchor was dry and the embossing powder|
was heat set I went in and colored the inside of the anchor
bronze which give it the look of metal.
Okay so this is how I did it.
- Stamped the wood grain stamp with bleach on teal CS. Washed stamp ASAP
- Cut teal CS bit smaller then A2 size
- Mixed texture paste with gold and brown acrylic paint.
- Placed my stencil and applied texture paste over the design. Pulled it up and added brown embossing powder over the majority of the paste
- Let it dry. (about an hour).
- After drying, I heat set the embossing powder.
- Colored the inside of the anchor using a PrismaColor pencil color: metallic bronze.
- Die cut circle then set aside.
- Created card base A2 size out of kraft paper
- Stamped the rope image, cut, and fit to the design.
- Applied the anchor panel on the kraft card base.
- Distressed the card base and the edges of the anchor panel
- Stamped sentiment.
I hope you like what I have created. Please leave any comments you may have good great or otherwise... Time to get my day started.. Take care.
All the best,