For today I am sending my card to Hand Stamped Sentiments. This happens to be one of my favorite color combos! I had to play along!! I didn't have Crushed Curry or Mossy Meadow so I did my best to match them up with what I had in my arsenal.
|Entering my card to:|
Hand Stamped Sentiments #213
|I thought the bird was the perfect touch|
for this card all perched up saying 'thank you'.
|I have seen these alternating rectangles before|
and just like the balance. The black circle adds a place
for your eye to rest.
- First I got out my Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral Blendabilities; and my Mexpy alcohol markers to match the Crushed Curry and the Mossy Meadow. Then I just started applying color using large strokes in rainbow order (R.O.Y.G.B.I.V.).
- Cut it into quarters and rotated the images then matted them on white CS.
- Randomly stamped the leaves (SU: French Foliage- retired) to create movement and interest. Plus rainbows look fantastic with black and white.
- Die cut a circle a bit offset for interest.
- Traced the circle from the die cut panel to black CS. This gave me a guide to stamp the bird/sentiment.
- Added a white strip of paper to anchor the bird and I think it adds just a bit of interest to the entire design.
- Erased the traced circle and adhered the rainbow panel to the black CS.
- Lastly, I added the entire panel to my card base.
All the best,