For today I am entering for a few reasons. One, maybe get a prize or two from one of your generous sponsors. Second, I am applying for the position of DT member for House of Cards. I feel I would be a good fit because I have a passion for card-making which, I believe, shows through the final product. Another reason I will be a good fit is you graciously choose my card as Top Winner for the month of March. Again thank you!
House of Cards photo inspiration is just... well... inspiring! So full of color, objects, linear elements blended with organic, just chuck full of potential. Although, it may seem straight forward but it was actually pretty challenging.
|Playing along with|
House of Cards: Photo Inspiration
|The white embossed flowers are meant|
to be an extension for the watercolor flowers.
|The dark green watercolor is meant to also|
bring the green of the background into the watercolor.
|Close-up of the watercolor flowers. Colors|
were inspired by those vivid pink flowers and splashes of green
in the photo.
- Cut and scored my card base to 4.25" x 5.5" (A2)
- Cut dark green CS a bit smaller then the base to make a lighter green border the same size as the base.
- Cut watercolor paper to 3" x 3" and black border an 1/8" larger on all sides.
- Stamped flowers with VersaMark Ink then heat set with clear embossing powder.
- Masked the embossed flower and stamped the same image and \repeated step 4.
- Painted the flowers and background using watercolor paints in pinks and greens. Set aside to dry.
- Stamped flower image three times on dark green CS using VersaMark Ink then heat set with white embossing powder.
- Attached the watercolor panel on the black CS then attached that to the card.
- Stamped sentiment in black.
Well that is all for me today. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you House of Cards for your consideration.
All the best,