Oh memories...You will know why I am talking about this after you see my card for tonight.
|I decided not to adhere the color panels completely |
down leaving them to 'float' on the card base. Wanted to resemble draperies.
The vellum softens the rather bold lines.
|Fussy cutting the bottom of the chandelier letting the dark blue|
spill into the pink gives the design some pzazz.
ColourQ: cQc #295
Addicted to Stamps and More: 3rd Birthday Celebration
As you can see I am sending this creation to ColourQ Challenge and Addicted to Stamps and More. As I was creating I thought this card reminded me of a ballroom with a gold chandelier and elegant draperies all trimmed up to celebrate!
|Addicted to Stamps and More:|
#149 - 3rd Birthday!
|Color challenge from|
- Cut and scored my card base to size A2.
- Stamped my chandelier using VersaMark Ink and heat set with gold embossing powder.
- Fussy cut around the bottom of the chandelier; then die cut the arch.
- Die cut vellum, white and pink CS at the same angle and layered.
- Adhered the panel to my card base.
- Stamped the sentiment.
- Added some gold dots for some sparkle.
This card took me by surprise... It is nothing like I imagined in my minds-eye. However, as usual, the final result turned out better. I had so much fun playing with the layers of solid colors with a touch of patterned vellum.. The color combo is just spectacular!
Thank you for stopping by!! I am off to bed and will probably dream of a wonderful ballroom experience! And remember leaving comments are always appreciated. Take care and have a great night!!
All the best,