|Entering Challenge CCMC345|
by: Create with Connie and Mary
This sketch was such an inspiration for this design. My card is full of detail, color, and texture which makes it so pretty. At least I think so, well, see for yourself.
|Card size: 6" x 6"|
|This picture illustrates how the top flap opens |
at an angle per the sketch.
Copper accents give the card a bit of shine.
|Detail of the front flap. Adore this peacock|
Here is how I did it.
- Stamped the largest Daydream Medallion and heat embossed it copper. Then die-cut the medallion using the coordinating framelits. Distressed the edges.
- Masked off a circle to stamp the peacock then embossed it in copper as well.
- Found some amazing patterned paper and die-cut the same Floral Frame framelits as the Daydream medallion. Distressed the edges.
- Colored the peacock image using water based markers. I applied the color directly to the paper with the marker. Then used a damp brush to apply water. The ink was allowed to spread within the perimeters of the embossed boundary. Let dry.
- Cut the card base then cut front flap at an angle per the sketch. Then using a border punch punched the detailed border. Then backed the front panel with vellum, leaving a border underneath. Adhered the back panel with the same patterned paper as the front. Distressed edges.
- Die-cut leaves; used the same water technique on leaves as I did on the peacock. Die-cut vellum leaves too.
- Die-cut tag stamped flower background; stamped sentiment with the same color as the peacock's neck.
- Assembled. Then used a bit of the Stampin' Up! two way glue pen allowing it to shut without completely adhering.
Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again!
All the best,
Materials: All by Stampin' Up!