Today I am giving my ever so neglected washi tape some use today thanks to the DT members of The Male Room. So in I took a long hard look at my stash and there it was... But first here are the challenge details..
The Male Room: TMR#11-15
|The eye keeps going back and forth with the diagonal lines.|
The splotches too help the eye move.
|The sentiments were cut out of patterned paper|
then I added some glossy accents to the green words
to make them pop just a bit more.
|I decided to design with complimentary colors in mind|
because.... well... they compliment each other.
I really like how this turned out! Especially the background! I used a large course 'junk' brush to make strokes all around the base making sure to leave the center diagonal clear. Like I mentioned earlier, the background is from a card that never developed but I really liked the abstract so I kept it for another day, for another challenge, and here we are.
- Cut and scored my CS base to A2 size.
- Painted background using different shades of oranges and yellows on cream CS.
- Laid down my washi tape diagonally onto the painted abstract panel.
- Cut out sentiments from a 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper.
- Used glossy accents to highlight the bold green words.
- Stamped some splatters randomly throughout the card.
- Adhered abstract panel to card base.
Well that is it for me today.. I hope you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for spending time with me and please don't forget to leave a comment good, great, or otherwise. Take care and have a great day.
All the best,