Sponged the background using DI per the Sunday Stamps color pallette. I then wet the CS which left more of a distressed look. Put a lattice stencil on the CS and sponged using white pigment ink. Lastly added stenciled blotches and stamped flourishes to finish the distressed look. For the butterflies, I heat embossed on vellum and adhered them to the card only by their bodies so the wings would be free.
|The background was stenciled using gold'ish shimmer spray. |
I masked off the blue chevron for interest.
Adhering the stencil with Pixie Spray was a miracle worker!
|Using the MISTI I stamped the butterfly on the dried CS and then colored the wings with a white colored pencil. I then added some Wink of Stella for some sparkle.|
|This was the best shot I could get showing the sparkle. After the sparkle has dried the butterfly was faded due to the white coloring and the addition of the Wink of Stella. So, I took my butterfly back to the MISTI and stamped it in black again.|