I have been meaning to submit this card for a long time but well... life happens. No better time then the present!! For today I am submitting this card for Virginia's View Challenge: Theme- Layers.
Virginia's View Challenge #14
|The sand dollar gives the card texture as|
does the dry embossed sentiment
|The sentiment is part of a bigger embossing folder|
All I did was tear out the 'thanks'. The tear creates yet another
form of texture.
|The playful shells and sea stars contrast beautifully with|
the abstract sponged sea horses.
|Detailed photo showing the complexity of this card.|
However it all works cohesively because of the soft color and
neutral color palette.
Okay, ready... This is how I did it!
- Cut and scored my white CS base to 4.25" x 5.5"
- Placed my stencil over the card stock and sponged over it using teal, mauve, and lavender.
- Stamped some dark brown shells directly on the CS base.
- Added a teal border to anchor all the objects that will be placed on it later.
- Stamped the other shells on a separate sheet of paper. Fussy cut then added it to the card.
- Die cut sea-stars and sea horses (see below) then sponged the edges. added it to the card.
- Using a very fine grit sand paper I punched out the sand dollar, then distressed it a brown color. Set aside.
- Inked up the embossing folder then dry embossed; transferring the ink onto the paper.
- Carefully tore out the 'Thanks' and added it to the card.
- Wrapped salmon colored twine around the card a few times then tied it in a bow then adhered the sand-dollar.
|Die cut by Cuttlebug|
Seashells and Seahorses
I actually ended up giving this card away to a friend.. She adores sea horses so I couldn't resist giving it to someone who would enjoy it..
A little fact about me, when I was a little girl my sister won some sea horses at the local fair. She placed them down where I proceeded to gulp them down. Apparently they were very small but it was big enough to give my parents a fright.
Alright it is time for bed but just wanted to share this with you today.. I hope everyone has a great day and thank you so much for stopping by! Don't forget to leave a comment good, great, or otherwise. See you soon!!
All the best,