I had to break down and start creating winter cards.. I have caved into peer pressure with all of these other beautiful winter cards coming out.. So here I am on gladly on the band wagon!
|I decided not to add a line for the hills that leads to the trees.|
To me it looks hazy like blowing snow.
Leaving it line-less seemed like a good idea.
|Shimmery hood and glove trim adds just a bit of sparkle.|
|A single button with a bow is all the embellishment this|
I envisioned this woman around a warming cabin which provides a cup of hot joe. The trees in the background would indicate she might have been looking for a Christmas tree..
I love everything about this card. The color is mostly white with a pop of color and sparkle.. Winter is supposed to sparse and white and full of quiet moments like the lady sipping her coffee.
Here are some other challenges I am linking to:
HLS August Christmas Challenge: Theme- Sparkle
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge: #54- Snowflakes and Sparkle
Weekly Christmas Card Challenge: #38- Anything Goes (SCCC)
ABC Christmas Challenge- Q is for Quantum
|I am using 'F' and 'G'|
- Cut and scored my CS to an A2 size card base.
- Dry embossed the card base twice using the retired SU snowflake embossing folder.
- Printed out my image from Sami Stamps on 110lb. CS
- Colored her using my Mexpy alcohol markers.
- Stamped the sentiment using a set from Simon Says Stamp
- Created a mask for the tree line then stamped the tree image using silver pigment ink.
- Die cut the image traced the die cut image to a piece of chevron PP.
- Cut just outside the line creating a border.
- Embellished the card with a snowflake button and bow
- Adhered the entire design to the card base.
Well that is it for me!! I hope you enjoyed your stay and hope you liked what you saw. Thank you so much for stopping by and if you are so inclined please leave a comment.. I love to hear what you have to say. Take care everyone and we will see you soon!
All the best,