For today I have a CAS card which means Clean And Simple design. This type of art form is quite challenging for me and promised myself to stretch my creative thinking and create more of these eye catching, yet simple designs.
CFC138: Krafty Bouquets
|Monochromatic simple design|
card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
|The bottom of the die cut vase was left open|
to let the white border spill into the vase creating
a very inpactful space.
|The white ink on kraft paper|
proves to be simple and very elegant
- Cut my card base to an A2 size card
- Cut my kraft paper to be a quarter inch smaller on all sides.
- Stamped the flowers using clear embossing powder and VersaMark Ink then heat set it allowing the brown of the kraft paper to show through.
- Die cut my vase leaving the bottom part open.
- Colored my flowers picking up Memento LUXE ink with my aqua pen then applying it directly to the kraft paper.
- Stamped and embossed the sentiment in the same manner as the flowers.
- Adhered the kraft paper to the card base.
- Added a twine bow.
I think this card is absolutely striking in its simplicity. And the best part, it didn't take long at all. Sometimes K.I.S.S.-ing is all you need to create an effective card design. Thank you so much for stopping by! I really hope to see you again and don't forget to leave your comments good, great, or otherwise.
All the best,