For today I am playing along with Always Playing with Paper #29 (a sketch). At first I looked at this sketch and thought of a million possibilities for it.
At least I had a purpose, my new friend Monika is having a birthday and thought I would make her a card! So I had inspiration and purpose, good start! Well here is what I came up with!
|Blue banner and sentiment fit perfectly with|
this DIY background.
|Using VersaMark for the|
swirl was just enough detail.
|This teal background for the flower|
focal image sets off the entire card.
- Cut my card base to 4.25" x 5.5". Set aside.
- On a sheet of CS I used Distressed Ink and sponged color on various parts of the paper.
- Using water and rubbing alcohol I diluted the colors so they all ran into each other.
- Stamped the flower pattern with VersaMark Ink then heat embossed it using clear powder.
- Sponged a darker blue so the flower would resist the ink. Ironed off the embossing powder.
- Stamped the same flowers in black to create a background.
- Cut the BG per the sketch and adhered it to the card base.
- Adhered coordinating blue paper for the rest of the background.
- Cut teal CS to match the sketch then stamped the flower.
- colored the petals and stem metallic white but not too much.
- Using VersaMark Ink I stamped the background for the flower and let it dry for the watermark look.
- Rounded two corners and mounted that onto black CS using the same method as the teal.
- Adhered that to card base.
- Made banner with sentiment and added that to the card too.
Take care all and have a great night!!
All the best,