Today I am using one card to do triple duty! First, I am entering the Simon Monday Challenge: In the Middle. I am also entering the House of Cards with a color and photo inspiration that focuses on butterflies. And lastly, Simon Wednesday Challenge: Make Your Own Background.. Wow.. that is a lot of resources to pull from but wow what fun it was!!
Simon Monday Challenge: In the Middle
House of Cards: Add a butterfly and/or color inspiration
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Make Your Own Background
My other idea for this card came from my doctors office. While waiting with my paper sheet over my exposed body I noticed this chair and thought 'This would make a great background for a card.' Weird I know, but really it was so interesting I just had to copy it on a card... well.... sometime..
|This is a great way to use all those little stamps|
that come in sets.
|Stamping on CS adds dimension to the focal image.|
Coloring on the back side of the butterfly gives the butterfly
a sense of translucency
|Embossing the butterfly gives it some shine!|
|Butterfly with light behind its wings. The vellum is colored on the back|
which creates just beautiful color.
- Created my card base to A2: 4.25" x 5.5"
- Die cut using this Papertrey cover plate with scrap paper
- Lightly spray mounted the cover plate mask and adhered it to my card base.
- Masked off each circle with post-it notes and stamped a butterfly/butterflies in that circle.
- Sponged the inside of the circles a very light gray for some contrast.
- Took of circle plate mask.
The Butterfly focal image:
- Stamped the butterfly on white CS and on vellum.
- The vellum butterfly was heat embossed using silver powder.
- Fussy cut the vellum butterfly and die cut a circle around the CS butterfly.
- Colored the back of the vellum using Prismacolor pencils and adhered only the body to the CS butterfly.
- Lightly sponged a blue border around the circle.
- Added a black circle border for the focal image.
- Chose clear acrylic sentiment and added to the acrylic block while shaping it fit the curve of the circle. Stamped.
- Chose 'hello' sentiment and stamped.
All the best,