I want to start by saying thank you so much to Kathy at Stamps at Play for choosing my Easter card as a favorite pick!! I was so surprised to see her comment come in and I will humbly wear your badge on my blog! Thank you again for this pleasant surprise.
So now onto the card for tonight. I saw this challenge by Less is More and had to enter.. I also had this embossed image on my craft counter and thought it would be perfect.
Less is More: Color challenge
And here is my interpretation. You are not going to believe how simple this card is to make!! I hope you like it.
|This card is reminiscent to the art-form called zentangle|
|Just a pop of red enamel dots and |
banner is all the color this card needed.
Card Size- A2: 4.25" x 5.5"
|Henna embossing folder by Darice|
This design reminds me of an art-form called Zentangle. To learn more click here then check out my Pinterest board on Zentangles. Zentangles can be colored, but it is mostly known for its black and white free form drawings. It reminds me of doodling on my paper-bag textbook cover in high school.. Not listening, of course, but drawing..
So when I saw this embossing folder I HAD to have it. It was so pretty and so...well.... zentastic! So went home and ripped open the package and this is how I made the card:
- Jumped with joy that I found this gem of a folder!
- Then inked up the folder with black dye ink and ran it through my Cuttlebug.
- I ended up with a letterpress look. So all I did was color the background and some details in black.
- Added dark red enamel dots, die cut a white scallop circle, a red banner, and a black circle.
- Using VersaMark ink stamped the sentiment on the black circle and heat set using white powder.
- Mounted it on a A2 white card base.
Happy Easter to everyone!! I hope your sugar crash wasn't too bad.. Thank you again for stopping by and I hope to see you soon.
All the best,