First, I would like to thank The Paper Players for acknowledging my card 'Genie in a Bottle' as a 'Cut Above'!! Also, I would like to thank Inkspirational for my card design 'Greetings Earthling' as one of the top 3!! I really do appreciate the accolades.
I have been MIA because I have been so busy. I will spare you the details but just running around not having any time to craft... Ho Hum... There is a bumper sticker I see every now and then that I should really take to heart. Especially now; Too Blessed to Complain... So I will get off my soapbox, put a smile on my blessed face and tell you about the challenges I am going to enter.
The first challenge is from Sunday Stamps. My friend, Monika is a new DT member and I have never seen this blog before her... So far I love it!! Blue is my favorite color so win, win for me!! Also, I am entering The Friday Mashup. The challenge was to mash congratulations to the graduate and use the colors provided. I didn't use the yellow so I guess I am not mashing this week..
Sending this off to these awesome blogs:
Friday Mashup: FM209
Sunday Stamps: SSC101
For some people it seems like they are in school for a really long time. For most students it is for good reason, others well, not so much... So I wanted to play on the graduate theme and poke some fun at it.. I hope you like my card..
|The huge sentiment is very fitting with a small|
'congratulations'.. It's like saying 'so glad you made it through
but it took a longggg time!'
|Using only blues per Sunday Stamps. |
Used colors Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and London Fog
|Tick-Tock time is ticking!! The arrow to point out|
|This card has some dimension with die cut letters, the arrow, and banners.|
Clocks were also popped up with dimensional tape.
- Stamped the clock background using London Fog ink.
- Stamped the blue grungy background over the clock background.
- Colored the edges using Stampabilities Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy markers. Cut to size.
- Sponged the edges for a more distressed look.
- On a separate piece of CS I stamped the clocks again coloring a few and then cutting them out.
- Stamped the big clock using London Fog ink. Die cut.
- Stamped the 'congratulations' using VersaMark Ink then heat embossed it white. Die cut the banner.
- Die cut the letters containing the sentiment and the arrow.
- Colored white CS Bermuda Bay then die cut into banners.
- Arranged all the elements on the card and adhered that to the white CS base.
Well that is it for me... I hope you have a wonderful day... Any comments good, great, or otherwise are welcomed. If you take issue with this card please don't but if you want to voice your opinion that is just fine too! Take care all and we will see you soon!
All the best,
|SU Sense of Time (retired)|